On 31/03/16 11:13, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
Which translates to the following response string:

GUID=<Guid>&NAME=<String>&PATH=<UEFI binary Device Path represented as hex
number>&<Label1>=<Value1>&<Label2>=<Value2>&...&<LabelN>=<ValueN>

In a nutshell, I think iPXE should:
- reflect the GUID / NAME / PATH triplet from the input to the output verbatim,
- for each config knob <LabelN> requested, respond with <LabelN>=<ValueN>.

(See also: "if a ConfigHdr is passed in with no request elements, all of the
settings being abstracted for that particular ConfigHdr reference will be returned in the
Results Field" -- but I think the iPXE code already handles that.)

... I suspect iPXE's ExtractConfig() logic is almost complete, except it doesn't reflect
GUID / NAME / PATH (= the "routing information") in the output. Shouldn't be
hard to try out.

Thank you, Laszlo!  That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

I'm about to get on a plane, but will update the iPXE code ASAP. What's the easiest way to reproduce the original ASSERT() that you were seeing? If I build EDK2 as of 8a45f80edad4, should I see the assertion as soon as I power on the VM, or do I need to do something to trigger it?

Thanks again!

Michael