On 01/04/16 21:41, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
I am (and was) aware of "MdeModulePkg/Universal/DriverSampleDxe", the same
driver that Eric recommended as an example in this thread earlier. In my opinion, that
driver is supremely over-sized and -cluttered to be usable as a learning tool.

I'm glad it's not just me.  :)

I'm sorry that I couldn't help more. If we want to go with practicality (= "working
code trumps precise documentation"), then you might want to consider applying the
patch you proposed above. (Just don't add more angry comments pls.)

Thanks for all your detailed help in tracking this down.  I appreciate it.

I've pushed this workaround patch to iPXE:

  http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/5238c85

along with a detailed (and non-angry) commit message.

Thanks again,

Michael