> On Aug 8, 2016, at 6:21 PM, Zeng, Star <star.z...@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Andrew,
>
> Should MdeModulePkg/Library/RuntimeDxeReportStatusCodeLib be used for your
> case if there are really runtime status code reporting needed?

Star,

If the Library instance does not fully support DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER, why is it
listed in the LIBRARY_CLASS as supported?

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeReportStatusCodeLib/DxeReportStatusCodeLib.inf#L25

 LIBRARY_CLASS                  = ReportStatusCodeLib|DXE_CORE DXE_DRIVER
DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER DXE_SAL_DRIVER DXE_SMM_DRIVER UEFI_APPLICATION UEFI_DRIVER
SMM_CORE

Actually I tried to add the UefiRuntimeDriverLib and the build failed as
UefiRuntimeDriverLib was not supported for the DXE_CORE type. Maybe the bug is
this library instance lists DXE_RUNTIME_DRIVER,  DXE_SAL_DRIVER and
DXE_SMM_DRIVER when it has special case code to support DXE_CORE? Maybe this
library is trying to do too many things?

What ReportStatusCodeLib would you recommend to link with RuntimeDxe driver:
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdeModulePkg/Core/RuntimeDxe/RuntimeDxe.inf

Thanks,

Andrew Fish