On 01/08/19 15:22, Gao, Liming wrote:
> Laszlo:
>   Yes. This can be supported. But, I don't know what purpose to
>   specify python minor version of Python3. Current implementation in
>   Python3 branch always tries to find the high version installed in
>   OS. For example, Python3.4, Python3.7 are both installed, Python3.7
>   will be chosen. Does this policy meet with your usage?

Not really; please see paragraph (c) in my other reply at
<https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2019-January/034762.html>.

The rationale is given in the blog post at
<https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2018/11/14/python-in-rhel-8/>, near
the "platform-python" mentions. Basically the OS should be able to offer
different Python3 installations (at the same time) to end-users and
internally to OS-level packages.

Thanks!
Laszlo