On 2015-05-17 18:26:28, lidonglin wrote:
> Hi all:
>         I have one question to consult. I build ovmf using build.sh
>         -a X64 -b DEBUG -n 10, then I get OVMF.fd in FV directory.
> # ls -l OVMF.fd
>  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2.0M May 16 17:23 OVMF.fd
> The size of OVMF.fd is 2M. I change
> gEfiMdePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdDebugPrintErrorLevel to 0x00000000 in
> OvmfPkgX64.dsc, and build again. The size of OVMF.fd is still 2M.
>
> I build OVMF using build.sh -a X64 -b RELEASE -n 10. I found the
> size of OVMF.fd is 1M. I want to know how to determine the size of
> OVMF.fd. 1M for release and 2M for debug?
> Who can tell me the difference between release and debug in OVMF?

In OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgX64.fdf:

!if $(TARGET) == RELEASE
!ifndef $(FD_SIZE_2MB)
DEFINE FD_SIZE_1MB=
!endif
!endif

So, unless FD_SIZE_2MB is defined, then a release build will create a
1MB image.

And, debug builds default to using a 2MB image unless FD_SIZE_1MB is
defined.

See also: OvmfPkg/OvmfPkg.fdf.inc

-Jordan