First thanks. And I ask another question. Which function can I call to print
information to serial port or IO port(default 0x402)  when I build RELEASE OVMF
?

From: Andrew Fish [mailto:af...@apple.com]
Sent: 2015年5月18日 9:53
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [edk2] question about size of OMVF.fd

On May 17, 2015, at 6:26 PM, lidonglin
<lidong...@huawei.com<mailto:lidong...@huawei.com>> wrote:

Hi all:
    I have one question to consult. I build ovmf using build.sh -a X64 -b DEBUG
-n 10, then I get OVMF.fd in FV directory.
# ls -l OVMF.fd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2.0M May 16 17:23 OVMF.fd
The size of OVMF.fd is 2M. I change
gEfiMdePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdDebugPrintErrorLevel to 0x00000000 in
OvmfPkgX64.dsc, and build again. The size of OVMF.fd is still 2M.

I build OVMF using build.sh -a X64 -b RELEASE -n 10. I found the size of
OVMF.fd is 1M. I want to know how to determine the size of OVMF.fd. 1M for
release and 2M for debug?
Who can tell me the difference between release and debug in OVMF?

The FD is the FLASH DEVICE. It does not change size. The FV’s are Firmware
Volumes and they contain files, and support compression. The FV’s don’t change
size either, but they are X% full.

The build prints out how full the FVs are, but it uses the name of the FV as
defined in the platform *.fdf file.

FV Space Information
FVRECOVERY [26%Full] 5767168 total, 1551552 used, 4215616 free

If you are not making an FD, then you just look at the size of the *.EFI files.
These are PE/COFF executables that get loaded by EFI.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish