i think if you look at the graphs down the page at the url shown below ...

>http://madison.hss.cmu.edu/palm-beach.pdf

it is pretty hard to argue that the data for buchanan this year is similar
to what it was in 1996 against dole ...

other counties showed even more votes for buchanan back then that palm
beach did this year .... and some were not much less ... but, THIS year,
there is not a single other county that is anywhere near the palm beach
count for buchanan ...

is it plausible to argue that buchanan has this magical stronghold grip on
ONLY palm beach county in all of the 67 counties in florida??

and all the other counties are much much lower

the values for buchanan versus bush ... and gore ... and against total
votes cast ... are clearly outliers

how come? what is a sensible explanation? ballot problems ... the
discrepancy between what they were told in the media ... gore is second on
the list ... which translates into second punch hole ... but, the ballot
did not work exactly like that ...