Stan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have one follwoup ?. You say,

"If the original population is normally distributed, the sample means
will also be normally distributed. Even if the original population
is skewed, the sample means will still be approximately normally
distributed given some assumptions, such as that the sample size
(81) is small compared to the population size (unknown). I don't
know enough to state all the conditions precisely."

Asssume the facts already given. Suppose the population was some demographic
aspect of each person living in  India, - n = 1 billion. The _mean_ of
sample means stays at 3. If the one billion population was badly skewed, is
it possible that a sample size of 81 would NOT result in a normal
distribution and would require a larger sample size.