Hi Eric,

Glad the sandbox is working for you!

You've got a couple of options for giving the ball a horizontal velocity,
depending on what effect you want.

If you want an instantaneous horizontal kick, but after that the ball
responds normally to gravity, use b1.hit and set the y part of the
direction tuple to 0.

If you want the ball to fall horizontally use b1.gravity and again set the
y part of the gravity to 0.

If what you're looking for is a constant velocity, there isn't any way to
do that right now, but you might play with the ball's gravity and damping
values to see if you can get the right effect.

This is just a first version, so if you see features you'd like, let me
know.

Take care,
Jay