Hi Erik,

Have you looked at using content groups to create cohort-specific content?

http://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/open-edx-building-and-running-a-course/en/open-release-eucalyptus.master//course_features/cohorts/cohorted_courseware.html

This allows you to tag different content in Studio as to be shown to
different groups. The challenge with this approach is that the schemes
currently available for cohorting mean that you will have to manually
segment your users.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like more details.

 - Andy

--

*Andy Armstrong*

edX | UI Architect  | an...@edx.org