> >         proving to offer the best sound quality, but many people are
> >         having problems
> >         getting it to work reliably. I have been trying Ekiga 2.0.11
> >         that
>
> We rarely get crash reports... My advice might be biased, but Ekiga has
> always had a good reputation of stability and reliability.
> --
>  _     Damien Sandras

I think this is because you have been re-directing bug reports to other
software like alsa-lib, which I reported. However, alsa-lib is pretty much
standard on all Linux distros. So if Ekiga is crashing because of a
conflict with alsa-lib, regardless of where the fault lies, Ekiga won't
work reliably under Linux without some kind of changes. I have yet
to see Ekiga work with Linux (default Slackware 12.0 install + Gnome)
or FreeBSD 7.0, although a friend finally did get it to work under Windows.
I know of one report of someone getting Ekiga to work under Ubuntu,
and I am thinking to give that a try, although I do not yet understand why
the distribution would make a difference, assuming they are all using
ALSA. There are plenty of people around here who have tried and failed,
so it is clear there are problems. I guess I could ask around for specifics
from others. I already reported the alsa-lib problem. I certainly do not want
to detract in any way from your hard work. Ekiga looks like great
software.

Dee