> I am running UbuntuStudio 7.10 and Ekiga 2.0.11.
>  I have a little trouble with the audio at times but usually can work
> it out to the point of carrying on a conversation. Video has worked
> fine on my system as well. Many time I suspect the mic on both ends.
> Mine has been stepped on but I intend to invest in a good one that I
> can snap to my collar.

This is yet another report of success with Ubuntu and Ekiga 2.0.11. I now
know of one person who got Ekiga to work on Slackware. This was a
separate build on a Slackware box that I think he said was not dependent
on Gnome that i have yet to locate. I will look into UbuntuStudio 7.10 as
well, not sure what that is as compared to Ubuntu distro. Thanks for the
tip

Me, I am in Sweden. It is believed most Linux users are pretty much
everywhere on the planet except USA. Great to see Ubuntu in Montana.

Dee