This is a continuation of issue #303
<https://github.com/gc3-uzh-ch/elasticluster/issues/303>. The topic is
building Azure (Linux) clusters with Elasticluster.

The code in PR #168 <https://github.com/gc3-uzh-ch/elasticluster/pull/168>
stopped
working due to changes in the Azure SDK for Python that have happened since
June 2015 when the PR was made.

I found that the old Azure management APIs are still supported, and was
able to work through and adapt to the changes and get it running again by
making minor modifications to the Azure provider
(providers/azure_provider.py). I'm able to build and provision a Gridengine
cluster by following the cookbook here
<https://github.com/bobd00/elasticluster/blob/master/README-AZURE.rst>.

This is with the current Azure SDK (version ), but with old versions of
elasticluster (1.3.dev0) and Ansible (1.7.2). My next step will be to try
current elasticluster and Ansible and see what further changes might be
needed. (Will also try on Ubuntu 16 instead of 14.04.)

I will also post my code changes here, along with some installation notes.

Dave