Hi Dave,

> The caveat: I can start and stop clusters, but Ansible provisioning is not
> working for me at the moment. I think this is minor -- Ansible is not able
> to make an ssh connection to the nodes, because it's not trying the right
> private key. If I extract the ssh command and add "-i mykey", the command
> works.

I'm a bit surprised here -- the code in ElastiCluster that invokes
Ansible is pretty simple: as long as the correct file name is in
`cluster.user_key_private` there should be no possibility of error...

Can you please try to do the following with ElastiCluster 1.3.dev:

- Create a cluster but prevent Ansible from running::

    elasticluster start --no-setup mycluster

- Run Ansible setup with maximum debug::

        elasticluster -vv setup mycluster -- -vvv

  You can stop it with Ctrl+C as soon as the "TASK [setup]" part is
  done.

The output should show:

(a) All environment variables that ElastiCluster sets for running
    `ansible-playbook` (`ANSIBLE_PRIVATE_KEY_FILE` is the relevant one)

(b) The command-line options that Ansible passes to the slave SSH
    (here `-o IdentityFile=...` is important)

> Meanwhile, I'm starting work on updating the PR on the bobd00 fork so that
> the changes will be ready to merge. Or maybe it would be faster to just
> make a new fork and create the PR there.

Whichever is best/faster for you; I'm not strict on process.

Thanks again,
Riccardo

--
Riccardo Murri, Schwerzenbacherstrasse 2, CH-8606 Nänikon, Switzerland