> The second command gave:
>
> orhan@orhan-MS-7850:~$ ./elasticluster.sh -vvv start slurm-on-gce
> docker: Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon
> socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Post
> http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.31/containers/create: dial unix
> /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied.

Then you probably need to add yourself to the `docker` group:

    sudo gpasswd -a $(whoami) docker

Note: replace `docker` above with whatever group owns the socket
`/var/run/docler.sock`

You might need to log out and back in order for the additional change
to be picked up; or run `newgrp docker` to get a shell with the
correct permissions.

Please let me know if it works, so I can automate this in the
`elasticluster.sh` script.

Ciao,