Hi Kevin,

I solved my problem with the precious help of Gary from Elecrat and Bob,
G3VVT  who had a similar problem and we sloved it the same way :-)

I forgot to solder pin 1 on U1. The best way should be to desolder the 6
front LCD pins, move the LCD gently to the back and desolder the 4 LCD
backlight pins.

I was afraid to break something so I decided to cut the corner of U1
support to have access to Pin 1. Then I soldered it from the upper side.

And it works since yesterday night where I did the firts tests that are
all Ok.

I'm going on Part II now :-)

Thanks everyone for your help,

Best 73,