The transverters are excellent.  Easy to build and awesome performance.

I ordered my first Elecraft product, a XV144 - the 2m transverter, a week ago. Took just a few hours to assemble it, and it was easy to align and setup. I have done a fair bit of kit building and home brewing (DSP10, Tandem Match, KK7B R1 and R2, and others). This is smoothest kit yet.

And in Elecraft tradition, the outcome is world class. Just see the review of the transverter in October's QST Product Review. It beats the Down East Transverter hands down and measures up to the gold standard - the SSB LT2S which cost $900 (and is not available any more.) The closest commercial competitor today is DB6NT's TR144H that costs a $1,000 Euro - about $1,200 and its still incomplete (needs special options/parts to work with low power transverter outputs like that from Yaesu 1KMP, provide IF swithcing, etc).

I am so impressed with Elecraft's transverter that just after building the XV144, I ordered the XV222. Can't wait for the XV432. If only I could rig up a pan adapter for the K2, I'd use that as an IF rig instead of the Kenwood 850.

I guess I've joined the family of Elecraft fans.

Regards,
Raj

--
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD