I have the Autek antenna analyzer and think it's a good deal for the price.
A couple guys in our club have the MFJ analyzers, so I've had a chance to
compare. The MFJ display has more information on it, so it's easier to use.
I like the analog meter on the MFJ; it lets you more quickly find an
antenna's resonant frequency. BUT, the unit is bigger than the Autek, and it
seems to go through batteries a lot faster than my Autek. The Autek is
cheaper, too.

I've seen the AEA units, too. They are much fancier, but as you say, they
cost a lot more. If you were putting up antennas every day, you'd probably
want the AEA, but since you probably are not...

Having said all that, I just took another look at the micro908. WOW! It's
very cool. If I were in the market right now, I think I'd go with this
instrument. One big reason is the computer control. Neither the MFJ or Autek
analyzers have this feature. You could do a lot of cool things with this
feature.

As an aside, I swapped e-mail with the Autek guy after I purchased my
analyzer. Since it's obvious processor-controlled, I asked him about putting
some kind of computer interface on it. He answered that "nobody would pay
extra for that feature." Bleah.

73!

Dan KB6NU
President, ARROW Comm. Assn. (www.w8pgw.org)
ARRL MI Section Affiliated Club Coordinator
CW Geek (FISTS #9342)
Read my ham radio blog at www.blurty.com/~kb6nu