I have the MFJ and AEA antenna analyzers in use at this end.

Started with the MFJ-209 which only reads SWR from it's single meter  and has
a basic rotary analog frequency read out. Works OK, but had  dificulties with
frequency accuracy particularly on the VHF range. Had to either  use an
external counter or in conjunction with a receiver to find exactly what
frequency
you were on. Made up a stick on paper scale to give a correction on  the VHF
scale as this does not appear to be adjustable for calibration, unlike  the HF
ranges.

Sold this on at the local radio club last year and upgraded to the  MFJ-259B.
This has the same frequency range from about 1.8 to 170MHz but has  much more
information available from it's twin meters and an LCD readout  that also
gives a digital frequency readout. Able amongst many other tests to  measure
simultaneously SWR and impedance at the frequency of test. There is the  more
costly MFJ-269 available that also covers UHF, though unless this  coverage is
needed the MFJ-259B probably the better option. The MFJ  analyzers are able to
be
operated from AA dry or rechargeable cells or even  external DC power. On the
earlier version of the MFJ-259(B) one could  replace the cells through a
hatch in the rear of the case. Sadly MFJ have now  seen fit to remove this
feature, probably to save costs and it now requires 8  screws to be removed and
dismantle the analyzer to get at the batteries. I use  12 rechargeable AA cells
with mine that are charged via the inbuilt charger to  save dismantling.

The AEA SWR-121V/U I have is for VHF and UHF only though there is an HF
version available. This works in a totally different way in that it allows the
user to make a sweep of frequency against SWR and displays this as a graph on
an
 LCD panel. The sweep width is adjustable in defined steps to cover the
bandwidth  required. Found this extremely useful for sweeping antennas to check
their  usable bandwidth. A function can be selected to display the center
resonant  frequency of the antenna on test. Is powered with AA cells or
external DC
power.

There is an inbuilt problem with both of these antenna analyzers and which
probably applies to the Autek as well in that they are totally unusable in comm
 sites or areas where there are other adjacent transmitters in operation at
the  time of measurement. They are unable to read the SWR due to also detecting
the  external TX at the same time and reading this as a poor SWR.

Noted another method of checking SWR on a graphical basis using a spectrum
analyzer and tracking generator. Contractors building some new comms buildings
at the workplace had installed new antennas on our existing towers in
readiness  for existing equipment to be moved to the new buildings. As part of
the
commissioning work these antennas were swept with a spectrum analyzer and
tracking generator in conjunction with a directional coupler possibly  from HP
that allowed a visual sweep of the antenna. I note that the  Micro908 from AM
QRP
club is able to carry out a similar task. Not seen this  device listed before
the mention on this reflector. Website for  info: www.amqrp.org/kits/micro908

Bob, G3VVT