I  have  the  u908 (AA908) Antenna Analyzer. It comes as a very nicely
   packed  kit,  lots  of  SMT  components  with an excellent instruction
   manual.

   The case is approx 7" x 5.25" x 1.5" and made of ABS(?) plastic.

   The  complete unit consists of a Mother board, a DDS daughter board, a
   microcontroller board and a (KK7P) DSP card.

   The  software  is user up-gradeable running a terminal program on your
   PC (which I have done three times), and can change the function of the
   unit.

   Right  now  it is configured as an antenna analyser. It has manual and
   automatic modes, and can scan between user selectable frequencies.

   On  power up. It defaults to impedance mode but can be selected to run
   in  inductance, capacitance or VFO mode. I have tested it on antennae,
   coax,  discrete  capacitors,  inductors and resistors, and it seems to
   work very well.

   The  unit  will  actually  be  able  to  run  as one of five different
   configurations - currently it is an antenna analyser, next application
   to  be released is (I believe) an DSP audio filter application (AF908)
   similar  to  the  K2DSP  (using  Lyle's excellent unit), and then(?) a
   PSK31  software  program  for  Portable  PSK  using  a small accessory
   keyboard.

   Internal  batteries  are  8  AA's - if NiMH cells are used, there is a
   jumper  in the unit that will permit them to be charged while the unit
   is plugged into an external 12V source.

   The only current limitations(?) I have found so far are;

   1.  frequency  range is limited to 1 - 30 MHz in three decade switched
   bands,

   2. SWR maximum indication is 10:1

   3. Impedances greater than 600 Ohms cannot be accommodated.

   Usual disclaimers, no financial interest, just a satisfied owner

   Dave KK7SS

   Dave KK7SS

   AMSAT #35359 DN06ig

   Mail is Virus checked , both IN and OUT