Good Evening,
   Another chilly week.  This has been the shortest and coldest "summer" since
I have lived in Oregon.  Folks here are talking about summer coats and gloves.
They are not kidding!  I have only had a couple t-shirt days and those are
spaced out on those rare days when the temperature got over 70 degrees.
However, there is a silver lining to that grey cloud: the fire danger has been
very low.  Just means we have to wait for next year to feel warm.  "Summer"
started late, is finishing early and was interspersed with many cold snaps so
we had maybe three weeks of warm weather total.  Even the leaves are changing
and the critters are making plans for winter.
   I have not been on the air much this week but when I was on 80 meters copy
was very good.  Unfortunately all of that was local.  No great shakes for DX
contacts but it was fun to call CQ and see who was out there.  Casual chats
which were tailended by other curiosity seekers was a nice way to spend a few
hours on the radio.  No points to worry about, no pile ups to fight, just work
a few people and find out what they are thinking.  Once I make contact I rarely
talk about radio since it is obvious that I have one.  It is more fun to talk
about the garden or the outdoors or just whatever comes up.  No pressure to
perform just a simple chat.  And, since they are locals, we can talk about how
cold it is without someone thinking we are a bit whacko :)

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0000z (Sunday 5 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-