  From: Guy Olinger K2AV
  To: Mark n2qt
  Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] FSK power

  The K3 has the best heat dissipation scheme I have ever seen in a 100W
transceiver.  Though Wayne and co. don't want to hear about us doing it, some
of us have done the brick on key thing at 110 watts for a long time, and
watched the temp level out in the 50's.  Fan comes on, goes to high, and blows
a lot of reasonably warm air out.

  Yes, you CAN muck up the top cover and blow more air in if that makes you
feel good.  But the prevailing opinion will be that's unnecessary.  It would
not be accurate to tell anyone that a top fan is necessary.

  73, Guy.