OK, thanks for the education.  I'm not an RF engineer, but every product on
the market I've come across (doesn't mean much) and discussion I've read
(start with http://www.nu9n.com/am.html) calls what I'm talking about as
phase inversion.  They could all be using the wrong term for all I know.

I currently am able to achieve what I'm looking for by using the W2IHY iPlus
in the audio chain driving the K3.  You just flip the Invert Phase switch
when you need it.  There are Behringer products that do the same thing.  You
can SEE the difference it makes on a scope or even a simple AVG reading
power meter when you have correct phase.  For example, on an AVG reading
meter, with negative or incorrect phase, you actually see negative
deflection on the meter needle.  When you have it correct, you see positive
deflection on the meter needle.  It's more obvious on the scope, as pointed
out on NU9N's site. I don't currently have a scope, but I've done the same
tests in the past.

It would be really cool if the K3 could do this too.