Good information on the Symmetra-Peak and phase rotation/scrambling
can be found here: http://www.w3am.com/8poleapf.html and a discussion
of AM symmetry with info on the "all pass filter" (phase rotation)
here: http://www.tonnesoftware.com/appnotes/allpass/allpass.html.

I suspect the rotation would take very few resources to accomplish
in DSP and could be easily accommodated in the TX EQ and/or audio (level
control) portion of the ALC circuits.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV