I don't see it here.  Running P3 firmware 00.36, K3 version 04.14 and
HRD version 5.0.  I can mouse-click on a frequency in HRD and the K3
QSYs normally and stays there.  I can also QSY using the P3 markers and
both the K3 and HRD are happy.

Which software versions are you running?

Does is only do it when you click on a DX cluster spot or does it also
do it when you click on a frequency on the "dial" in the HRD screen?

Alan N1AL