The feature described is something that most of us have been waiting for.
Being able to jump around inside a set area and not move the entire display
along with it not only makes perfect sense, but is extremely helpful for those
that like to know they're not chasing their tails back and forth around the
band as they keep tuning in the same signal in a different location on the P3
screen OVER AND OVER again.
Of course Jim, this would be a Feature that could be turned on and off.
Nothing has to change for you at all.   In the audio world, Locking the "play
head" is something we've been doing since the first day digital audio was
introduced. Now it's a REQUIREMENT.