WOW, I'm impressed. I too am a low tier contestor, and I also turned
in the best score I ever had for SS-SSB. My K3 worked flawlessly the
entire weekend and the time i spent on the contest was rewareded with
mostly easy to make qso's.

The addition of the P3 last week made it even easier. I'm an S & P
contester, and before when I left one contact, I would creep up/dn the
band until I heard another station. With the P3 set to +/- 10khz, and
PEAK HOLD on, I could 'see' the qso's up and down the band and know to
stop at the next one, even tho it was quiet at the time. I knew it
would come back in a few seconds. This way I picked up a lot of
stations I would normally pass by.

Even the K3 filters get confused with 3 qso's in 4Khz of bandwidth!
But I got some of them. If things were really bad, I'd move on if I
had the Section already.

Noticed two things with this contest. First, how many stations were
occupying as much as 4 kHz of bandwidth. And, did you notice how man
were using some form recorded exchanges/calls? And how many sounded
absolutely terrible? I'm talking outright lousy distorted audio. Some
I had to ask for a repeat item by item to get him to actually speak
and not re-play the recording. I think they would be astounded and
maybe embarrassed if they heard them selves on the air.
I started using my KDVR3 but after hearing some of the others, I quit,
not knowing how I really sounded. I know my mic sounds good. Will have
to check this out soon with some on air recordings from friends.

OK, who's got the Kool-Aid pitcher? Where are the nuts and pretzels?

...bc nr4c