Hi Mike,

I've always gotten compliments on my K3's audio.  This is with the Elecraft
MH2 hand mic.  As others have said though, you will need to tweak the TX EQ
settings for best performance, or to whatever suits your taste.

73,
James K2QI

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Mike Rodgers
<mikerodgerske5...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm still hearing rumblings about how the k3 sounds on ssb. This concerns
> me. The k3 will be a huge investment for my income and I can't help but
> wonder if it will be the right one. I'm really not seriously considering
> anything else but I'm sure getting nervous about unloading the cash. I'm
> just a rag chewer so there's more to it than just making the contact. I have
> however listened to Hector's audio files and they all sound good.
>
> Happy QSO'ing.       Mike R

73 de James K2QI
President UNARC/4U1UN