OK, you are just about to buy, and want ideas. Here goes.

You've indicated the General Coverage module. If you are going to get
that, I'd suggest you also get the 6khz filter so you can take
advantage of all the AM broadcasts you'll be hearing. The 2.8/7 filter
just won't work with AM.

I felt that the K3 was probably the best radio I could find and
decided to go with the 8 pole filters all the way. Bought the
2.8-8pole right off the bat. As I buy filters, i'll only get the 8
poles. Figured I'd always wonder if they would have made a difference
later.

I like the DVR a lot. You may think about this but it is easy to
install as you go from the beginning.

By all means get the ATU option. The KAT3 is the best ATU on the
market for a built-in ATU. It is fast, very quiet and accurate. And it
will tune just about anything.

I'm not sure what i think about the high end ref oscillator. I did not
get this, and my radio is as accurate as I can tell, and I don't
notice any drift.

One item I'd suggest is the P3. I just got mine and I think it makes
the radio a lot more fun to operate. And, it is great to be able to
see what is going on on the bands. Don't forget you need the KXV3(a)
interface module to make this work. It also opens up the option of a
rec only antenna.

As for other filters, I'd suggest waiting until you find you need
them. I so far have only the 3.8 standard one. i'm about to buy some
but can't determine what ones to get. The DSP filtering is so good, it
is hard to imagine that a real filter will make a difference.

There, I've spent about $4000 of your hard earned money, but you Will
have a radio you'll be proud of, And you'll be working with a group of
developers who are on top of pack. The support team at Elecraft is the
best in the industry.

...bc nr4c