I'm finding it quite useful to switch between peak hold mode and
averaging mode, but the gain setting for the two modes differ by at
least 10 dB. The gain setting also varies widely from one antenna to
another, and from one band to another.

I'd like a function that allows me to store a gain OFFSET between peak
and averaging modes -- that is, so that the gain is automatically
reduced by a certain amount when I switch to peak hold mode.

While it might also be nice to have the P3 remember and automatically
recall gain settings per band, my experience so far suggests that there
is far too much variation from hour to hour, and from antenna to
antenna, for this to be as useful as it might appear.

73, Jim Brown K9YC