Alan Bloom wrote:
>I agree that XIT is probably used much less often than VFO B to control
>the transmit frequency.  I think a lot of people use RIT (which does
>affect the cursor frequency on the P3) but fewer use XIT.

The main use for XIT is in CW contests and simplex DX pileups, to apply
a small 'tactical' offset of typically a few tens of Hz.  Full split
operation is not appropriate in this situation - you can already hear
everything in the main RX.

>In either case, it would be nice to have an indication of the actual
>transmit frequency on the P3.

"Nice" makes it sound like eye candy - but it's more than that. Exactly
where you'll be transmitting within the displayed spectrum is one of the
most important pieces of information that the P3 has to offer.

>I'm not sure that another cursor is the right answer though.  The
>display is already crowded with two cursors and up to two markers.
>
>I'm thinking along the lines of little arrows at the top and bottom of
>the screen, where the frequency tic marks are located.  They could be
>colored red to make them stand out.

In order of importance I'd put the transmitted spectrum occupancy some
way ahead of the markers. It should pop up on the P3 whenever the
'delta-F' LED is active on the K3, and preferably in red.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek