On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:36:59 -0600
Jack Brabham <k...@att.net> wrote:

Jack,

> Hardly a day goes by that there is not at least one  "firmware
> download problem" string running on the reflector.

Most of which turns out are caused by USB to Serial adapters,
Those using real serial reports very rarely report failures.

> Most of these USB/serial adapters work just fine for any purpose
> except K3 downloads.  Mine is embedded in my microHam microKeyer II,
> and works perfectly for any other use.   The issue is not a USB
> driver problem and will not be fixed by reloading the driver.   It is
> a problem with the K3 bootstrap loader lacking the intelligence to
> ignore commands it isn't expecting, and just locking up if it gets
> one, at least in the case of my particular interface.

If you are trying to load firmware via your microham mirokeyer you are
in direct contravention of the expressed instructions on Microham's
site and by Joe W4TV, the US distributor for Microham, who is a member
of this list and a K3 owner.

DON'T TRY TO LOAD K3 FIRMWARE THROUGH ANY MICROHAM DEVICE.
--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H