Phil,

You have to get the K3 ALC meter to illuminate 5 to 7 bars with the
compression set to zero.  That is true with any microphone.

According to the G4WPW microphone information, the MC60 mic has no
preamp, but has a hi-Z, Lo-Z switch (it should be set to lo-Z for the
K3).  The M60A has a preamp that needs voltage on pin 5, but
unfortunately, that is the part that is not compatible with the K3 which
provides voltage in pin 6.

In other words, the MC60 will work with the K3, but the MC60A will not
work unless you change the microphone plug.

73,
Don W3FPR