I have the same question, and while I haven't bought one yet, the front
runner for me so far is the Seahorse SE-920.
http://www.carrycasesplus.com/se-920-p29908.html   It's ~$97 with foam and
shipping.

It's a hard case like the Pelican (but less expensive), comes with or
without foam and looks like it'll have room for the K3, P3, power supply,
cables, etc.   They make smaller versions, but I like this size (inside
22.24 x 13.66 x 8.5) as I've grown attached to the P3 and want to be able to
take it as well.

It's classified as a carry-on.  If I'm going to put something in an overhead
bin, I'd prefer to have some protection from my fellow passengers stuffing
things in there.  Plus for local outings like Field Day, it'll be protected
as I stuff the car (protection from myself :-) ).

GL,

Shel  KF0UR