Small addition / correction.

Nearly all consumer electronics is produced using metric hardware,
mainly because it comes from Asian sources.  With the exception of the
odd drive types (Torx, one-way, etc.), the sizes roughly approximate
the American standards in terms of TPI, torque settings, etc.

As Don points out, one has to have a double set of tools for some of
this, but generally a screwdriver is a screwdriver.  Nutdrivers and
sockets, nope.

I was forced many years ago to buy dual sets of combination wrenches
and 3/8" / 1/2" inch sockets for automotive work I did as a hobby.  If
you do this, buy Craftsman or Snap On.

73,
matt