I owned and assembled a K3/100 about two years ago and was impressed with
the high quality of the radio, its design and support from other owners and
Elecraft.

Everything about it worked fine except that it seemed that I could never
quite adjust the sound of a person on SSB to the point where it was a
pleasant, (what I call)

"mellow", armchair-type copy. It seemed too shrill, it had a "high edge" to
it that couldn't be adjusted out.

At first, I thought there was something in a menu setting or a control I was
using incorrectly that wasn't allowing me to add more "lows" (if that's what
you call it) that was

causing the problem, but that wasn't the case. I called Elecraft and talk to
people about it, but no cause could be found.  I kept it for about two
months then sold it.

Years have gone by and I am still very impressed with the quality of your
product and company and would like to put together an "Elecraft Shack".  I
am wondering if the

changes that have taken place over the past few years in the programming of
the K3 might have solved the "problem" I experienced a few years ago or
maybe it is just

my level of hearing that is the problem.

Does anyone remember experiencing something similar with your K3 or heard
about a possible solution?

Thanks for any info you could provide.

73

Tom