Fred,

 > Do I need to upgrade the DSP board?

I added the lowpass filter but did not do a complete DPS board
upgrade.  My headphones, including the CM-500 are all high
enough impedance that I don't notice any significant low end
loss (I set the 50 Hz and 100 Hz bands to -16 dB anyway) so
I could not see any benefit to a change.

The DSP board makes no difference in speaker or Line Out audio
so if your headphone impedance is about 150 Ohms or so, I would
not worry about the change unless the high frequency DAC leakage
is a problem.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV