As a matter of "computer safety". I do not open ANY link in an email
unless the person sending it includes a reasonable explanation telling
me why I should be interested in it.

There are too many "friends" who simply send a link with a note that
says something to the effect of "you might like this" -- that is so
close to the spam links that I never open those, no matter how well I
know the sender.

OK, that is my computer safety rule, you may construct your own, but if
you send me a link and do not tell me (in a descriptive way) why I
should open it, you can conclude that I did not open it.

I believe if everyone followed similar "rules", we would have fewer
problems with trojans and computer virus.

73,
Don W3FPR