On 6/29/2011 9:06 PM, Duncan Carter wrote:

> I'm a leftie who was forced to be right handed in elementary school.

Same here only it didn't work with me.  I reverted to left-handed
printing as soon as I hit middle school.  While there, my new found
Elmer [a leftie] told me "We will learn to send with our right hands so
we can keep a legible log with our lefts."  In those days, the FCC
required you to make a log entry every time you transmitted ...
anything, regardless of whether or not it resulted in a Q.

I normally paddle right to this day, although I can easily paddle left
too.  My paddle is standard, dits on the thumb.  I cannot write
right-handed however.  The ability to change the paddle config in
Elecraft rigs has been more of a usable feature for me than one would think.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org