On Aug 7, 2011, at 9:30 PM, Sam Morgan wrote:

> I see no conflict
> for a *FILTER* knob
> if turned to the right (clockwise) towards the plus sign
> the filter widens (as indicated by the display on the radio)

No, no, no...every filter control I've ever used (until the K3) narrowed the
filter bandwidth as the knob was rotated clockwise.  Hallicrafters, Collins,
Kenwood, etc.  That's the one control I am still having trouble with on the K3.
 It is bass-ackward from anything else.  Heck, when I put a lid on a jar, I
turn it clockwise to screw it down tighter -- like tightening the bandwidth.

Of course, if you're too young to have used any other radio gear, or if your
mother always opened the jars for you, I can understand why you might feel as
you do.

Bud, W2RU