I have a 160 meter inverted-L which I have used as a longwire (which it really
is) and have had very good luck with 130 feet of wire....and 17 radials.  The
KAT100 will match it very well on 160, 80, 40 and 30 meters.  I have worked
several stations using the antenna on those bands, but have not used anything
higher than 30 meters since I have a tri-bander up at 65 feet.

A longwire is a good antenna if there is a good counterpoise (ground or radials
or a large body of salt water).  I have played around with them using a simple
365 pf BC cap and a coil of wire and I can load one every time.

Lee - K0WA

Common sense is in short supply - get some and use it.
If you can't find any common sense, ask for help from
somebody that has some common sense. - Lee Buller