>Those tones are not sine waves.

I wasn't so sure about this. Over the years I've never heard this
mentioned, and technical references like NIST 25-67 and 668 describe
the audio tones as being derived from the cesium standards, with no
mention of harmonic content. So I sent an email to WWV asking if the
audio tones were generated as pure sine waves or had harmonic content
added intentionally. I quickly received this response:
Thanks for your email.

The audio tones on the WWV broadcast are derived from the station
frequency standard, and are pure sine waves.

Detailed information on the WWV broadcast can be found in NIST
publication SP432, available for download on the webpage:
http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1383.pdf

Sincerely,
Glenn Nelson
Radio Stations WWV/WWVB

I also see the harmonics on the P3. Unless Mr. Nelson is misinformed,
I suspect that it may be the "harmonics" are distortion products,
either transmitter IMD or artifacts of the receiver (P3 in this case).
BTW the publication he mentions is a very good read for WWV listeners.

Bob NW8L