> I measured  the 2nd and 3rd harmonic of WWV's 600 Hz tone this morning
> using an HP 8568B spectrum analyzer set at 15 MHz, 30 Hz resolution,
>
> The 2nd harmonic at 1200 Hz is approximately 18 dB down from the 600 Hz
> sideband.
>
> The 3rd harmonic at 1800 Hz is about 30 dB down from the 600 Hz sideband.

Good work Jack.
I don't have a P3 but I set up my K3 on cw mode, with 50 Hz bandwidth on the 20
MHz WWV signal
which is running S9- 10 over here in NJ at 1-2 pm EDT.  A manual spectrum
analyzer.

The K3 can tune to the carrier at 20.000.000 and hear a beat note, at S9+
Tune to 20.000.600 and hear the 600 Hz modulation, save it as VFO A.
Tune to 20.001.200 and hear the 1200 Hz modulation, save it as VFO B.
Then you can flip back and forth from VFO A to B.
Right now the 600 Hz sideband is S7 and the 1200 Hz is S2.

So as you say, this isn't distortion in any of our audio stages or sound cards.

Rick  K2XT