From: Jason Morgan
Date: 12/27/2011 4:11:06 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 Frequence Drift

Hello everyone... I know that this has been kicked around on the reflector
quite a bit but it is new to me and trying to read through all of the
information is a daunting task.

I just finished building my k2/100 in November. I have not noticed this
problem before but I have not had the opportunity to use is that much either

Today when talking to a friend on 7.219.00MHz LSB I noticed that he began to
drift off freq. Because he was mobile I did not think that much about it. As
we continued our conversation I found that when I turned on the RIT and
listened on 7.218.95 he sounded "on freq" again. When I questioned him about
it he told me that he thought I was off freq as well. I turned off the RIT
and tuned to 7.218.95 and he told me that I was right on freq again. The
drift was obvious and stopped exactly .05 down from where we started. I
switched radios and we continued our conversation on 7.219.00. When I turned
the K2 back on and transmitted with it the exact same thing happened as
before. As the radio warmed up it drifted down .05.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

73
K4SHP