Maybe I'm just lucky (although other data indicates otherwise!), but I
operate N1MM in contests with my N1MM keyer speed set to 25-30 wpm (usually
28 wpm) and have never detected a problem with it.  I'm running Windows 7
(64-bit) on a fairly new CPU, and that probably has a lot to do with it.

73,
Randy, KS4L