I have a winkeyer USB but still just use N1MM for keying.  I have not had
any problems with it.  I actually prefer the feel of the K3's built-in
keyer (for sending by hand), but since sending CW via CAT commands is not
supported by N1MM, the winkeyer is the only approach that allows you to
adjust one knob to set the computer + paddle speed.

Matt NQ6N