From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Ralph Parker
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:53 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] another contesting how-to question

Back in my NA days (under DOS), I used the serial and then the printer port
to key the radio via a simple transistor interface.
When I switched to N1MM (under XP), I used a microHAM interface to avoid
the stuttering, and to exchange info (frequency, etc.) with the radio, as
well as send perfect CW via the built-in Winkey interface.

I understand that N1MM can key the radio directly, but can it exchange info
with the radio via the RS-232 port? I've never tried it.

Ralph, VE7XF