Since when do pre-programmed memory buttons and logging software
constitute "crisp operating practices?"

In the case of actual public service, observing net protocol and careful
listening/transmitting are the important factors, along with
properly-prepared emergency hardware.

I am not opposed to contests per se, but when the calendar is completely
dominated by this kind of activity, I think it is "out of control," as
N5GE observes.

It is a pity that the Elecraft CW net had to be cancelled because QRM
from contests would have overwhelmed it.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

/=====/

--
Sent from my lovely old Dell XPS 420