From: Ken Alexander <k.alexan...@rogers.com>
To: Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:14:33 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Loading inductor Question

Folks,

Given that inductors on toroid cores are used extensively in autotuners, is
there any reason (assuming I choose the right size core, made of the correct
material for the application and winding it with the right size wire) for not
using one as a base loading inductor on a vertical antenna?  I'm talking 100
watts maximum transmitter output here.

Any down side to doing this?

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander