Ken,

When you do the research and math, worth bearing in mind that powdered iron
(and ferrite) cores can generate intermodulation products.  Usually this
problem will affect the "receive" performance of an antenna matching
network, or a receiver's front end filters, if exposed to strong signals
e.g. SW Broadcast.

The root cause of this IMD problem can be traced back to the magnetic flux
generated in a core by the incoming signals.  The flux density is
proportional to the applied voltage (vector sum of incoming signals), and
inversely proportional  to the core's cross section (area), the number of
turns and the frequency.  Thus the number of active turns should be as large
as possible, the loaded Q of the network should be kept low, the core's mu
low in value, and a large core used.

Sorry to be late with this comment.

73,

Geoff